GBC Preschool is licensed by the State of Hawaii, Department of Human Services, for children who are 3-5 years of age.
The purpose of our preschool is to share God’s love with each child brought into our care. We believe that each child is very special and unique. To accomplish this goal, GBC Preschool has created an environment reflecting God’s love and order with a Christian Montessori based education program.
We are committed to build character and life skills in your child:
- Spiritually: Children will experience daily Bible stories, prayer and songs. Once a week we will have chapel time in the classroom.
- Emotionally: Through role modeling, children learn to express their emotions positively. We give children the language to express how they feel.
- Intellectually: Children work in all areas of the curriculum. Pre-math, pre-language, and pre-writing skills are learned using concrete materials. Children also learn with visual discrimination activities, sound activities and tactile activities. The science area provides the children with simple experiments and unit activities. Practical life teaches life experiences such as pouring, squeezing, spooning, washing dishes, etc. Art encourages the children to express themselves artistically through color, drawing, painting, play dough, etc.
- Physically: We have free outdoor play every day (weather permitting), movement activities with music, relay games, obstacle courses with jumping, running and hopping activities.
- Socially: Children learn to interact with each other through daily activities. The children are not restricted by age in socializing with each other. Older children learn nurturing skills in dealing with those younger than themselves. Younger children learn appropriate behavior by observing the older children.
Fees & Schedule:
- Part-time students (Mon-Fri) 7:15am-1pm ($400/month)
- Full-time students (Mon-Fri) 7:15am-5pm ($500/month)
- An annual registration fee of $50 and an annual comprehensive fee of $100 are due at the time of registration. These fees are non-refundable
These policies may be subject to change during the school year without prior notice.
For more information, contact (808)873-0009 or firstname.lastname@example.org